Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Skinny

Requests have been POURING in (two) for an update on my life blog.

I knew this would happen. The moment I made this blog public I lost the desire to write on it. I have this weird thing about keeping my life private. Or at least controlling who is or is not privy to my every move. In a world saturated with posts, tweets, and instagrams, I am content to eat my breakfast without telling the www.com what cereal I chose.

Now, having said that, I read updates by many who do chose to post such things. So please, while I do not, do. Continue to post said content--I need something to distract me at work.

For the two people out there who requested an update (thanks Rachelle and Meagen!), I shall brave the intranets for you.

Life is pretty good. Not much to update to be honest.

Mr. B is still keeping the BYU fans up to date on all the what's what with Cougar Sports. He's enjoying it very much, but may be looking elsewhere in the (near???) future.

I'm still working as the American Sign Language Supervisor at LDS Church Headquarters. Work has greatly improved over the past 6 months, and I even like my job most days. Really, that's HUGE. After a year and a half of tears, headaches, and nausea because of coworkers, "like" is a pretty strong word. I have a lot of projects on my plate right now--mainly April General Conference. I've also prepped interpretation for regional broadcasts to TX, OK, and NM; N Cali; a family history conference; and the Sterling Scholar semi finals. It's been a busy week, but also a satisfying one.

AND I had the opportunity to attend a meeting that was........ wait for it....... FOUR hours long yesterday where I was instructed on how to better communicate and interact with my team and our managers and directors based on the "colors" of our personalities. Interesting. For those of you who are familiar with the color system and know me, what do you think my color percentages are for my personality?

Recently I've also really pushed my photography skills. I'm not getting much better because I don't have any willing subjects to let me practice with (if you're interested let me know!!!), but I've been attending regular workshops and have really enjoyed learning.

And in spite of the fact that Mr. B and I hardly see each other as it is, I may be taking on another job just in my "spare" time of managing a website. We'll see how that goes. And, as always, still trying so hard to help my mom get her lotion business up and running.

Well, there's the skinny, the scoop, the 411. That's all folks!

I keep thinking Mr. B will finally walk through the door from work, but it's 11:30pm and still not even a word saying he's on his way. I may be giving up on seeing him on this Valentine's evening.

Looks like I must resort to sweet dreams to see my man. Off to bed for me! That alarm comes awful early...

Happy Valentine's Day Ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. Interested and willing! *raises hand* pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I'm glad work is going better, and I hope you and the husband get to see more of each other! Also, good luck with Conference. I watched October's sessions all in ASL, just for kicks. Awesome. Talks are much more engaging when you're watching someone act out a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot! I, too, am glad work is getting better.

    Why don't you see much of your husband? Did you ever see him on Valentine's night?

    ReplyDelete